Ginger Sage Cocktail
Instead of burning sage to cleanse your home try this delicious cocktail for a new outlook on life and to bring a smile to your face.
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 1 cup of honey
- 3 cups of water
- 2 whole pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and diced
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1. In a saucepan combine the honey and water over medium heat and bring to a light boil.
- 2. Turn the heat down to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the honey has dissolved completely.
- 3. Add the pears, ginger and sage leaves and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
- 5. Strain the syrup into a large canning jar or a thick bowl.
- 6. Discard the ginger and sage leaves.
- 7. Place a few pieces of the cooked pear into each stemless wine glass followed by the simple simple.
- 8. Add the Prosecco and serve with a garnish of sage leaves.